The Java Developer is responsible for detailed application design, hands on development and maintenance of Java and related enterprise ready business applications for the IT Software Development team and ensuring they align with long-term business and technology platforms. The Application Developer will be working closely with Solutions Architect, Application Architect, Product Owner in decomposing a conceptual solution architecture into low-level components, modules, internal & external interfaces aligning with application’s functional feature & story decomposition. This role will provide technical leadership for a cross-functional team of developers, business analysts, data architects and report developers and contribute to the processes by which the team operates.
- Mentor and support junior developers in their design and construction of software solutions and provide leadership on various application development initiatives
- Partner with business stakeholders to ensure solution requirements and quality is engrained within the development cycle
- Support existing applications and projects by responding to incident, problems, and service requests
- Experience of working in Agile methodology
- Ability to Code complex problems and learn new Frameworks quickly
- Ability to successfully manage and prioritize multiple projects Generic Managerial Skills Must possess a strong business acumen and high level of confidence
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbally and written)
- Must be self-directed, dependable and punctual in a fast-paced work environment
- 6+ years of technical experience and development expertise in Core Java, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, Soap/Restful Webservices, Oracle SQL, PLSQL, Maven, Jenkins, Eclipse
- Hands on experience with ADF, J2EE (JSF, JSP, servlets, Java Persistence API etc.) for web apps, portal frameworks, and WebLogic also preferred.